Saturday, July 21, 2007

Shocka: NY Times prints HP spoilers

I don't read NYT, so I wasn't spoiled, but really, is anyone surprised anymore? At The Leaky Cauldron, they organized a letter-writing campaign to NYT to castigate them for their insensitivity.

So of course, I had to get my licks in:

SUBJECT: What WON'T you print?

So, it appears that Harry Potter spoilers are fit to print.

What a bunch of smug, selfish, elitists you all are. HP fans been waiting for ten years to let the story unfold by itself, but no, you have to spoil it for a lot of people. I would cancel my subscription, but fortunately, I don't have one, and I don't read your miserable excuse for a newspaper, so I wasn't spoiled.

Do you also go around telling little kids that Santa isn't real?

What's next, publishing details on national security?

OH WAIT, YOU'VE ALREADY DONE THAT.

Paper of record, indeed. I'm glad your enterprise is circling the drain. You make The Daily Prophet look like a model of journalistic integrity.

With all due respect, which is to say, none at all,

<my real name>

Oh, and I finished it today at 7:30pm, having begun reading at 1:45pm (I was way back in the line at B&N) and taken about 3.5 hours break. That's, hmmm.... about 14 hours.

1 comment:

Muslihoon said...

Go you!

I'm waiting for the paperback all-books-in-one-set set.