Friday, January 05, 2007

No More Leno

Sometimes, I will stop watching an otherwise enjoyable show cold when they cross a line that is important to me.

I haven't been watching Leno much lately, but tonight I let it run in the background while I piddled around on the computer. In his monologue, Jay announced that President Bush had signed into law a bill that allows him to read any letter, any time, for any reason, without a warrant.

Of course, the purpose of the announcement was to set up Yet Another Bush Is Illiterate joke, but given that most people get some of their news from Leno and Letterman monologues, the misrepresentation has serious consequences. The Powerline guys explain the bill here.

So I hereby swear off Leno so long as he's on the air.

But can I tell NBC this through the Internet? NO! They have plenty of public forums and if you click "Feedback," you get to answer an interminable survey before being given the privilege of joining their consultant group, or whatever. I get the impression that they'll be soliciting feedback from me, but I can't initiate contact.

However, I'm a contractor at NBC's parent company, so I have access to the NBC employees' Outlook accounts. Not sure I should use that avenue, though. It could get me in trouble for something not exactly work-related. But it's tempting. Oh, it's tempting.

No comments: