Monday, December 11, 2006

The Only Thing About Me That's Left

Since Michelle Malkin decided to post on left-handedness and its inherent greatness, I thought I'd announce that I, too, am left-handed, as are my sister, my mom, my grandmother, and her grandmother (my great-great).

However, I use scissors right-handed (despite the fact that all the scissors in the house were left-handed) and I learned to mouse right-handed (though I change my computers to left-handed mouses, which drives tech support crazy when they have to come troubleshoot my computer). When I played the viola long ago I did it the conventional way (which seems only normal: use the left hand for fingering, by far the more difficult skill, and the weakling right hand for bowing).

Wikipedia's List of famous left-handed people.

No comments: